Pringle of Lees
The Lees estate is on the outskirts of the town of Coldstream.
- Alexander Hoppringill of that ilk.
- William Hoppringill of Graden (4th son of Alexander), household servant of King James V of Scots.
- James Hoppringill of Langmuir, and from 1559 Lees and Braidhauch (Coldstream). Died in 1575.
- Alexander Hoppringill of Lees and Braidhauch, died in 1632.
- Lancelot Pringill of Lees and Braidhauch, and in 1636 Clifton. Died in 1652.
- James Pringill of Lees
- James Pringle, Surgeon to the Guards.
- James Pringle of Lees, died in 1769 without issue. His nephew a Marjoribanks, inherited the estate.
Marjoribanks of Lees website
In “A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage”, Vol. 2, by John Burke 1832. On page 140, Burke writes: “Edward Marjoribanks, esq. who inherited the estate of Lees, in the county of Berwick, which had previously descended to a younger branch of the family, and been possessed, in right of his mother, by James Pringle, the last survivor of the very ancient family of Pringle, of Torsonce.”